2.3
Level of Comfort

I just got home from a Bolt Bus NYC to D.C. round trip journey today, 07/01/2018, and had went directly to my laptop to expose just how badly that company has declined since I first started using it to travel up and down the North-east corridor seven or eight years ago.

I remember Bolt Bus carriers as being invariably clean and comfortable with reliable WI-FI connections and charging stations at every seat. This time round and it both directions, the buses were not only dirty, but old and run down. The polyester material on the seats were natty and worn, and several arm-rests had broken off polyurethane casings that should have covered them. The return journey started off in a bus that had minimal A/C on a 90-degree day and a bathroom door that didn't stay closed nor would lock when in use.

That bus had mechanical issues requiring us to transfer to another within 20-minutes of leaving Union Station. But the second carrier was no better, it too, being run-down with a bathroom door that wouldn't lock and was held closed only with duct-tape. It, too, had WI-FI that continuously went down (and NO, this had nothing to do with my device!) and A/C that barely worked. I want to point out the staff on this trip were professional and polite, but everything about this experience indicated systematic under-investment and even dis-investment by the whoever is running this company now, and obviously into the ground.

I once recommended Bolt Bus to everyone I know who traveled the North-east corridor as an affordable and comfortable carrier with great amenities. In future I'll tell them to avoid this company at all costs.

Product or Service Mentioned: Boltbus Bus Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Buses are old and run down.

• Avoid Bolt Bus